The Oregon Alliance is part of The Kennedy Center Alliance for Arts Education Network (KCAAEN) which is a coalition of statewide non-profit Alliances for Arts Education working in partnership with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to support policies, practices, programs, and partnerships that ensure the arts are an essential part of American K-12 education.
The Role of State Alliances is as follows:
- Build Collaborations: Develop and support innovative collaborations among schools, community partners, and cultural institutions that sustain arts education.
- Position the Arts: Speak out on behalf of arts education to citizens, policy makers, state agencies, and others about the value and benefits of arts education.
- Generate Resources: Develop, publish, and/or disseminate resources for arts education leaders and practitioners.
- Provide Professional Development: Implement professional development through educational programs, training, and resources.
- Recognize Innovation and Achievement: Provide awards and acknowledgments to individuals, organizations, and schools that demonstrate outstanding support for arts education